Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

He Has Grown so Fast

Today marks day 81 since Matt has been gone. Just a few more days and we will be 50% of the way to the time he comes home for Brynzee!!! I'm very thankful that we were finally able to stay pregnant. After numerous heart breaking miscarriages, we had decided to wait until after deployment to try again. I'm so glad our plan didn't work out that way. This couldn't have been a better time. This deployment not only makes us stronger but he gets to come home to a bigger family! I still get giddy at the thought of us having a girl. The boys are going to love her as well, especially my sweet boy, Phoenix! 

Speaking of Phoenix, he is no longer going to be my baby. In just two short hours, he turns SIX. This makes me both happy and sad. I'm happy because I know he maturing and growing but so sad to watch him grow up so quickly. Just to think, he went from a baby that stopped breathing and died at birth to bounce right back into this healthy six year old. He amazes me every single day. The amount of compassion and love he has to offer just makes me proud. He is strong and I have no doubt in my mind that he will grow to be the best man he can be! He does have the best role model after all ;) 

(Here he is several weeks after being in the NICU)


(Here he is the day I got to bring him home!)

(Here he is today... six years young!)

This was right before school. Look at all of those freckles! No idea where they came from!


I surprised him by bringing his class cupcakes for lunch. 


He had an awesome birthday crown (The girl behind him was mad jealous!)


School lunch is disgusting these days! I think the only food these kids ate was the cupcakes. 


The entire class sang "Happy Birthday" to him. It was adorable. 


He even had a surprise goody bag waiting for him in his classroom. 


I checked him out and then we ate some Mexican for lunch and we decided to have dessert first. They came out and sang to him. He looked really scared and wasn't sure why they walked up to him beating on drums. And then they smeared cool whip on his nose. I don't think he was happy about that part. 


Sebastian an I decorated the table in his favorite color...


and organized his presents from Matt into the number SIX!


He was REALLY excited about all of his new games! Especially Little Big Planet! You did a great job.


And here is his birthday card. We are a zombie loving family!



The pictures not shown were the trip to Chuck E. Cheese and dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings. He had a blast and on the ride home he complained his stomach hurt from eating dessert too many times! He had a great day. Too bad he has to grow so fast! I like him little. 


I decided to do a little interview with him and here are his responses:

1. How do you feel about being six?
"Good. I liked my birthday party."

2. Do you feel older?
"Yes"

3. Tell me something special about today?
"Its great. I got to go to Chuck E. Cheese and eat Buffalo Wild Wings. I even ate my dessert first"

4. What is your favorite color?
"Red"

5. What is your favorite food?
"Chinese"

6. Where is your favorite place to go?
"Kids N Play"

7. Who is your best friend?
"Tori and Matt"

8. What is your favorite show?
"Spongebob"

9. What is your favorite animal and why?
"I like eagles because they fly and eat worms"

10. Tell me your favorite song?
"Boom Boom Pow by Black Eyed Peas"

11. What is your favorite activity?
"Science"

12. What do you want to be when you grow up?
"Soldier"

13. What kind of car will you drive?
"Lamborghini" 

14. Tell me your favorite part about birthdays?
"Opening presents"

15. If you got one thing for your birthday, what would it be?
"a G.I Joe police guy"


And, not to end this entire day about Phoenix, Sebastian had his second band recital tonight. As always, he did really well and didn't use his book at all! He is such a hot shot!




I am definitely proud of both of my boys. Well, ALL of my boys! That includes you, Matt! We love and miss you very much. We wish you were here to watch all of these moments. 


2 comments:

  1. I love you guys! I like reading these even though you give me family updates every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How does Phoenix look so GROWN in these photos?! And look at you, Mom of the Year, bringing cupcakes and checking him out of school. ;)

    LOVE his favorite song. LOLOL

    ReplyDelete